Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together...

We have been fairly busy lately trying to plan out our transition into the next phase of our careers and our next phase for our family. As you probably know, Tim and I will be separating for about 18 months while I attend Baylor University and Tim deploys later in the year. We hope to join back together at our next assignment (wherever that may be). Needless to say, this all takes quite a bit of planning and preparation. We are working on selling our house, and even got our first offer this weekend! We are crossing our fingers that this will work out.

Our biggest news is that we have picked our au pair! Our new au pair's name is Cansu, and she comes from Turkey. She will be joining us on May 27th in San Antonio. Cansu likes swimming, jogging and dogs (sounds like a great match!). She has a degree in Foreign Trade and is looking forward to coming to the US to help with childcare and to experience American culture. I am really looking forward to her arrival. It will be nice to have someone else around to help fill the empty house and make it much warmer. Her help with Timmy will make it much easier for me to go to school and study.




I am enclosing a picture of Cansu. She said I could post it. :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

She looks sweet!!

Household6 said...

Is she from Instanbul? My sister and brother in law just moved home from Turkey!!

The Bender Bunch said...

Best wishes and thinking of you all through the transitions!