Monday, May 17, 2010

Blessings in Pink

This has been a really exciting week for all of us. Last week we were swamped with work in preparation for the move. We are happy to announce that after a few late nights and exhausting days, we finally got everything packed and prepared to move. On Friday, we successfully closed on our house. We felt like a weight had been lifted from our shoulders. We were VERY thankful to have dodged an entire week of severe storms and tornado threats. It would have put a damper on our closing date to have had our house relocated by a tornado.

Our really, really exciting news is that we got a free and clear ultrasound complete on Friday. They looked at all the major organ systems and everything seems to be "unremarkable." We also found out that our little baby is going to be a GIRL!!! Bring on the pink, I'm so excited! We have agreed that regardless of the outcome, this is going to be our last pregnancy. I have always dreamed of raising a little girl, so this was my last chance. I almost cried when the tech told us that she saw a little girl. Tim is a little less than thrilled (he is not sure how he is going to cope with raising a little girl) but he was very happy that the baby is healthy. That is the important thing to both of us.

We are at a loss for picking a girl's name. This is a little task we have been working on since we were married, but we figure we will need to accelerate our efforts if we are to decide before October. So, we are taking name nominations. If you have any good suggestions, please send them my way. I am looking for something that is not completely common but a little bit of a "classic." Good start, huh?

I will provide more updates and pictures as I get time. For right now, it's back to unpacking!

5 comments:

Karen said...

CONGRATS! I think Tim is just nervous because he knows he will be wrapped around that sweet baby girl's finger in no time!

Karen M

The Bender's said...

Congrats to all of you!! And am sooo grateful your precious baby girl is healthy and you are too, Kim. :) We miss you guys and think of you often. By the way, our girl name was going to be Taylor Lillian (Lillian was after my grandmother), but have a friend who named her girl Olivia and calls her Livi that is pretty cute! Goodluck and enjoy finding her beautiful name. It will be perfect I am sure!
Hope getting settled continues to go well too.

Love to all,
The Bender Bunch

Rebecca said...

Yea for girls :) And so happy to hear that she looks healthy, praise God! A name I just heard recently that I like is Margaret, and call her Maggie. Good luck with all the moving, so glad you were able to sell your house so quickly....we're still working on selling ours in PA! Love to you all!

The Dresch fam

Erin (Cole) Cobb said...

Congratulations, so happy for you! I LOVE having a girlie girl! I like the name Elsie!

Dena Yllescas said...

Congrats! How about Robyn? Hope things are going well. Miss you!!