Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Fun and Nashville Trip


There has been a lot going on since my last post on the babysites page. First and foremost, at the front of our hearts and minds have been Rob and Dena Yllescas. Rob was injured in Afghanistan a few weeks ago, which was absolutely devastating news to us. We care deeply for the Yllescas family and it breaks our hearts to know that they will be walking down a long, painful road to recovery. Please keep them in your prayers, especially now.

On a happier note, we have had a few fun activities to distract us lately, namely Halloween and my trip to Nashville, TN. For Halloween, Timmy dressed up as a lion, and I must admit, he was REALLY cute. We were planning on doing some Trick or Treating on post, and planned to meet up with another family. Unfortunately, we got the times wrong and missed most of the main event. Oh well, I would go for a quiet evening of hot apple cider and good conversation over a freezing night or Trick-or-Treating any time. That being said, I was disappointed I didn't get the opportunity to show Timmy off in his little lion suit. Everyone on post was cheated out the the opportunity to see the World's Cutest Baby in his Halloween garb. Oh well, definitely next year.

Timmy has also made huge improvements in his walking skills! He took his first few steps a few weeks ago, on October 25. I was playing with him in our living room and was able to coax that first challenging step out of him. He decided he prefers to walk around upright on his knees instead (always the nonconformist) and refused to do it for me again. He took a few more steps the next night in our Command Sergeant Major's kitchen. Our CSM was kind enough to invite Timmy and I and a few other people form work over for dinner and ghost tours. Timmy graced us all with his walking prowess. I contend that he was just interested in having a big audience for his new feat. At any rate, he has been walking more and more over the last few weeks, which has been a lot of fun for me to watch.

This past weekend I had to leave Timmy behind for a few days and go on a little "business trip" in Kentucky. While I was there, I took a few days of leave and Tim and I met up in Nashville. We were both under the weather for the entire trip, so we kept cancelled our plans to do dinner cruises and concerts in favor of more low-key candlelit dinners and some periods of just hanging out. We did get a chance to visit Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's historic home. We were thrilled that not only did we get a military discount to visit the site, the military discount was free! Tim and I spent several hours walking around in the cold visiting the history of Hermitage. We really enjoyed it and it sure beat getting seasick on the big concert boat. I got several pictures, which I will post shortly. Unfortunately, Timmy was unable to come with me since this was a work related trip, so Tim was bummed that he didn't get to see his son. We are definitely eagerly awaiting his return to Kansas so we can be a family again!

No comments: