Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas!




The month of December and the holiday season just flew by! We have had a lot going on and have been busy every single weekend for the past several weeks. Tim graduated from the Career Course in Kentucky in the beginning o December. He came back to Kansas in mid-December to attend the hospital's Holiday Ball with me. He had to go back to Kentucky for a few days to finish up his outprocessing and "officially" move back to Kansas for good! Unfortunately, Tim's "move-home" timeline was a little rushed due to the fact that I landed myself in the hospital for a few days. It wasn't anything real serious, but I got a particularly nasty virus that made me dehydrated. It took a couple of days to perk back up, but I'm back on my feet and completely recovered by now. This experience did, however, remind me just how lucky I am to have the family that I do. When I was in the hospital I called my Mom and asked her about the possibility of having her come out to take care of Timmy "just in case" I was in the hospital longer than expected. Fifteen minutes later she called back to tell me that she would be in Kansas that same night. Not only that, after arriving in the middle of the night she drove over two hours through a pretty wicked snowstorm to get here. That's a dedicated Mom! In the end, I got released after just a few days and Tim was able to get back to Kansas earlier than anticipated. However, it was great to have Mom around to help out with Timmy and the house while I recovered. I owe you one, Mom!
For Christmas Tim and I went to California to visit Mom and Dad Decker, et al. We were excited to be a part of a huge family reunion with Tim's Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, brother and new sister-in-law-to-be. All in all, there were FIFTEEN of us all living in the house. We had a great time and had plenty of time to relax and enjoy each other's company.
The big announcement for the Christmas holiday is that Tim's brother, Rick got engaged to his girlfriend-now-fiance, Rachel. We are absolutely thrilled for Rick and Rachel and were excited to be there to share the moment with both of them. Congrats you two!
Tim, Timmy and I are back home from California and enjoying life together as a unified family. It is great to have Tim back home from Kentucky. Timmy definitely benefits from the extra attention and having another parent around. He is a lot of fun and energy. He has taken a liking to running, throwing and picking through drawers, cabinets, etc. He is quite the handful, but so much fun!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cute photo of the engagement! Very sweet! Glad to hear that you guys are all back together and enjoying the new year as a family!

xox

Anonymous said...

Kim! Your pictures from Christmas are awesome!