Thursday, April 15, 2010

...Moving Forward

On my last post, I titled "Looking back and moving forward." Well, I sort of omitted the part about "moving forward." So, here goes:

Ahem.

WE'RE PREGNANT!

Tim and I have been blessed with this fun little secret for about 14 weeks now. We have been very, very nervous about everything, especially given our last experience with pregnancy. However, we have had a few ultrasounds and some paranoia-generated heartbeat checks, but everything has always checked out just fine. Our last little check-up was last week, where baby Decker's heartbeat was 156 bpm, right on track.

As for me, this pregnancy has been (physically) a piece of cake. A little nausea, but I am holding a personal record for not yacking through the entire first trimester. I am still running and all of my energy has returned since moving into the second trimester. This has been my easiest pregnancy yet, but I guess after the last one, almost anything would seem easy.

I have been saying a daily prayer for Baby Decker, and I would like to humbly ask for additional prayers as well. I pray that this baby will be kept healthy and formed in the image that God has planned. (We would really like to have a little girl, but I haven't quite gotten the audacity to ask God for that one yet. I do, however, refer to the baby as "she" in my prayers. I am sure God is pretty good with hints.)

One another note, I have a few messages for some special people:

Congratulations Craig and Karen Bender on the birth of your third baby! Karen, we wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you enjoy these precious first moments.

Heather Sample & family: We are thinking of you as you approach your "one year." We will all remember Brian with fond memories and be thankful for the precious time that he had in your life. Heather, you are are a rock solid woman! You get my enduring respect for the graceful way you have dealt with your loss. Brian was one lucky man to have you walk beside him on the most difficult (and probably most rewarding) portion of his life. You gave him an opportunity to become a husband and a Dad and experience as much as possible out of the time he had left. My hats off to you and my prayers are with you as well, Heather.

Happy birthday Mom Barkley and Mom Decker! 35 never felt so gooood!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Kim, Tim and Timmy! All babies are such miracles. I've been thinking about you guys this week, it's hard to believe that a year has already passed. Praying for a healthy little one in several more months, because we already know she/he will be happy!

Nancy said...

Yeah, yeah yeah! We know this is what you guys were hoping for, and we're so happy things are looking good!

xo

The Kules Family!

Rebecca D said...

Yea!! Congratulations! I already pray for you guys everyday, so now I can add another Decker to pray for :) Be sure to keep us updated! Praise God for His little miracles!

Team Chappy said...

Congrats, guys! Prayers will definitely be flowing for continued health and happiness!
-Lara and Brandon

The Kemerling Family said...

We're so happy for you. Congratulations. You will be in our prayers. I'm 18 weeks along, so they'll be close in age again. Fun! Can't wait to share with Erik.